Windows 7/10 "can not find drivers to install"

Sam_138

Commendable
May 19, 2016
Okay to start, IVE TRIED EVERYTHING, so please don't waste my time and say"have you tried not using USB 3?".

Okay sorry for the rant it's just I've looked everywhere.

So I have just recently upgraded my CPU from an AMD a8 6600k to and Intel 6th gen 6600 and the mobo also (to a MSI H110l Pro) and my problem is that I know I have to reinstall windows, but when I go to do so it tells me this: "No device drivers were found. Make sure that the installation media contains the correct drivers, and then click OK".
I don't know where to find this.
I don't have access to the system outside of safe mode in win 7, and I know that my mobo doesn't support win 7 install from USB and I do have a secondary computer that I can use to download the necessary. Thanks so so much guys!

EDIT: I tried the intel driver software thing, and that didnt work. I also took it to the local computer shop and they had no idea what the problem was.

Solution
Windows 7 installation media does not have USB 3.0 drivers, so you either have to install from a DVD drive connected via SATA (external won't work because it's connected to a USB port) or modify your install media to include USB drivers.

I believe you need to do this even if your motherboard has USB 2.0 ports because Intel dropped native support for USB 2.0 on the new 100-series boards.

Here's a HOW-TO for adding USB 3.0 drivers to Windows 7 install media:
http://winaero.com/blog/how-to-install-windows-7-on-a-pc-with-only-usb-3-0-ports/

ASRock has a tool on their site for doing this, or you can also use the tool on Intel's website, just make sure you grab the USB 3.0 drivers for YOUR motherboard.

rcxtra

Reputable
Sep 15, 2015
Windows 7 installation media does not have USB 3.0 drivers, so you either have to install from a DVD drive connected via SATA (external won't work because it's connected to a USB port) or modify your install media to include USB drivers.

I believe you need to do this even if your motherboard has USB 2.0 ports because Intel dropped native support for USB 2.0 on the new 100-series boards.

Here's a HOW-TO for adding USB 3.0 drivers to Windows 7 install media:
http://winaero.com/blog/how-to-install-windows-7-on-a-pc-with-only-usb-3-0-ports/

ASRock has a tool on their site for doing this, or you can also use the tool on Intel's website, just make sure you grab the USB 3.0 drivers for YOUR motherboard.

Solution

^ Dead on. Easiest thing is to use that working computer, pull all the files off the install DVD in to a folder, download and use the Intel tool that Rcxtra linked and it'll rebuild your install files. Then just build a USB installer or DVD install disk and you shouldn't have any problem installing windows. Its a bit of work, but it'll fix your problem.

Sam_138

Commendable
May 19, 2016

Okay. I tried this and it din't work. I did everything that you said and even what the websites said, and it still didn't work. I am so out of luck. I might just take it into the local computer shop for help.