V-Sync vs Adaptive Sync (50hz)

HarryGRGamer

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2014
Hello there, so I've got a F&U FL22750 Monitor (50hz) and a GTX970
I'm wondering what is the best option on the Nvidia's Control Panel on the "Manage 3D Settings"
If I should leave the V-Sync off, or If I should set it to "Adaptive" will it prevent Screen Shuttering and reduce Input Delay so I can have a better gaming experience?
Thanks in advance! :)
(I've also set the Maximum Pre-Rendered Frames to 1)
CPU:I7-3770
GPU:GTX 970 (Windforce)
RAM:8GB

Solution
Leave vsync off unless you have tearing or waves. Adaptive will just turn vysnc on and off. On above your hz or off below it but it can still tear below it so it just depends on when you tear or not. For most people, the input lag increase is not relevant. The only issue comes from not being at 60fps+ or in your case 50fps+ and it stutters.
Leave vsync off unless you have tearing or waves. Adaptive will just turn vysnc on and off. On above your hz or off below it but it can still tear below it so it just depends on when you tear or not. For most people, the input lag increase is not relevant. The only issue comes from not being at 60fps+ or in your case 50fps+ and it stutters.

Solution

Rasklop

Reputable
Mar 13, 2015

I'm wondering how nobody mentioned Fast Sync...
With 368.22 driver you can enable Fast Sync using Nvidia Inspector. Under the vertical sync setting choose 0x18888888. The Nvidia control panel will now show custom under the vertical sync option. Make sure you disable normal vertical sync in your games.
This is working with my Maxwell card.
Wth is Fast Sync? Tom Pertersen explains it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpUX8ZNkn2U