My phone isn't being recognised by my computer.

NabilSweg

Reputable
Jun 18, 2014
My phone isn't being recognised by my computer, it's charging but I can't access any files or turn on USB Tethering (says USB not connected)
Phone - Asus Zenfone 2
Conputer OS - Windows 10
Phone OS - 5.0 Lollipop
Tried with USB debugging off and on

Solution
You need to manually install the driver if you do not have internet (no wonder it is not installing the driver automatically). Email Asus to get the windows 10 driver that supports your phone. You can install it via device manager and the device should become recognized.

NabilSweg

Reputable
Jun 18, 2014
*Update*

I've gone to add a device in the control panel and it recognises my phone but when I try to add it it says
"That didn't work
Windows doesn't have a network profile for this device."
I don't know if I need to have an internet connection for that to work because I don't have one for my computer.
(Hence why I'm connecting my phone for tethering, and no my computer doesn't have wireless networking)

gilbadon

Distinguished
You need to manually install the driver if you do not have internet (no wonder it is not installing the driver automatically). Email Asus to get the windows 10 driver that supports your phone. You can install it via device manager and the device should become recognized.

Solution

Colif

Win 11 Master
Asus Zenphone 2 downloads: https://www.asus.com/support/Download/39/1/0/13/Lk0Sg1Ulh0Ph49Hl/8/
I thought it might have been like Samsung where you need an app to access the phone. You probably just need the USB driver.