Mirror PC Screen to Roku Smart TV

RacAtat007

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2012
I am trying to mirror my screen from my Windows 10 PC to my Roku TV. The Roku TV shows up in my devices on the PC but when I try to set up a wireless display or project to the TV nothing shows up. I have tried following the guides online but they don't help. Anyone have any experience with this?

Solution
roku is not compatible with windows miracast right now. anything else connects to it fine but for some reason windows won't work with it.

it's hardware related and so far i have not been able to get it working at all :(

RacAtat007

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2012

That's unfortunate. I have got Plex Media Server working for movies I have stored on my PC but I guess no way to do screen mirroring then. Thanks for the quick reply and I hope they fix it sometime soon

RacAtat007

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2012
I found a work around. I have a Surface 2 tablet and the screen mirroring works for that. In order to get videos to play from the browser I had to download UC Browser from the app store which will play videos that require Flash Player since the Surface 2 won't let you download Flash Player or anything from the browser. All this so the kids could watch some old animated movie but it kept them quite for an hour so well worth it :)

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
lol. i stream movies from my phone to my roku all the time for the same reason. can get them onto my pc and transfer to my phone then play it. that and it's also a portable media player since i can take my roku stick with me and have my phone. so i often provide the kids entertainment that way when enjoying mixed family evenings when the adults want to send the kids away and talk :D

sorry i did not think of this myself as a solution though it should have occurred to me since i do it myself.

RacAtat007

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2012

No problem, thanks for the help.