Status
Not open for further replies.

Bilskirnir

Commendable
May 22, 2016
Hi all. I recently finished a new pc build and after installing and updating Windows I started to notice an odd issue. When I maximize a window from being windowed I can see contents of the window flash on part of the screen as it maxmizes. Like for example if I maximize task manager I can see the scroll bar flash inside of the window as it maximizes. It doesn't seem to be a serious issue but it's certainly annoying and I have no idea what could cause it. Anyone else ever have a similar experience?

Example of it http://m.imgur.com/hNz9HpN

As you can see in that the icons that are in the bottom right are also popped up near the center.

Hi,

Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling the graphics driver?
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the graphics driver.
- Next is to uninstall anything related to the graphics card in Programs and Features.
- Once uninstalled, download and install the latest driver.
- Reboot the PC once the latest driver has been installed then test it again.

Bilskirnir

Commendable
May 22, 2016
I just finished trying quite a few different things. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers for my GPU but it still persisted. After that I tried booting using my integrated graphics but that didn't seem to help either. So I went ahead and reset Windows from inside Windows 10 and even that didn't seem to help. I still have the odd icons flashing in other parts of the screen etc. I'm guessing due to all I tried this shouldn't be a GPU issue. Are there any other possibilities of what could be causing it?

Bilskirnir

Commendable
May 22, 2016
I just tried enlarging it like you said, using task manager as an example and I noticed a lot of the text shook and flickered. I tried making it smaller the same way and saw the same text flickering.

Lucky_12

Commendable
May 21, 2016
Is the OS for this new build coming from an old system? did you just swap the hard drive into it? And what is your resolution set at? Have you tried using the DVI port on your graphics card and also your onboard graphics? You could also disable the onboard graphics and see if that has any effect. one more thing, Have you attempted any overclocking or jacked up any settings anywhere?

Bilskirnir

Commendable
May 22, 2016
Whoops I didn't mean to click solved there. Am a little clumsy on mobile. I don't see an option to remove the solved pick. But to answer your questions; Everything in the build is brand new from either newegg or Amazon. I run on 1080p resolution. I also tried both DVI and hdmi. As for overclocking I never attempted that

Lucky_12

Commendable
May 21, 2016
Screen flickering in Windows 10 is usually caused by incompatible apps or display drivers. To determine whether an app or driver is causing the problem, check to see if Task Manager flickers. Then, based on that information, you'll need to either uninstall the app or update the display driver.
Open Task Manager by pressing the Ctrl+Shift+Esc keys on the keyboard at the same time. If that doesn't work, right-click the Start button Start icon in the lower-left corner of your screen and then select Task Manager.
If Task Manager doesn't flicker, an app is probably causing the problem.

if Task Manager does flicker, a display driver is probably causing the problem.

There are three apps that are known to cause screen flickering in Windows 10: Norton AV, iCloud, and IDT Audio. In most cases, uninstalling these apps will fix the problem. If you have any of these apps installed, GET RID OF IT

Bilskirnir

Commendable
May 22, 2016
I tried doing a complete reset of w10 and running without any added software or drivers so I'm thinking it must be some kind of hardware issue but I'm not sure how to pinpoint it

Bilskirnir

Commendable
May 22, 2016
They seem to be fine when scrolling or using the mouse. Even tried google chrome. Even with chrome though, when I launch it or maximize it I see the same odd issue of parts of the window quickly flashing in the wrong place.

Bilskirnir

Commendable
May 22, 2016
Haven't tried that yet. MSI says I need to pick up a USB drive first to try to update my bios with so I will have to grab that another time. Other than bios, what is MEI?

Bilskirnir

Commendable
May 22, 2016
I should be able to pick up a usb drive to attempt the bios either tomorrow or Tuesday so I will report back then. I really want to thank you for all the help so far!

Bilskirnir

Commendable
May 22, 2016
Sorry for the delay in responding. I went and tried a ton of troubleshooting. I updated all drivers and bios. It still happened after that so then I began testing my hardware. Tested my cpu, ram, and ssd. All came back as ok. So as a last resort I completely formatted and reinstalled Windows clean from my disk. Right away even with 0 software or settings changes it is still doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.