Mobo crash need help with Win10 recovery questions

jdcranke07

Honorable
Hey Everyone,

I'm currently without a PC because my mobo just shit the bed. I have Windows 10 Pro installed on an SSD raid0 setup.
Will I be able to get another mobo and try booting into Windows that way? Would I even be able to boot up into windows (disregarding all the possible driver errors) even with Windows 10 embedding the product key into the BIOS now? Is my back up on an external HDD still viable since the product key is embedded? I'm just kind of lost here.

Solution
replace the motherboard, set up the raid, as long as you're getting a similar motherboard with a related raid controller there should be no issues.

As to windows licensing, yes, windows will consider this a "new" computer, and will likely unlicense windows. In which case you have two choices. You can either call microsoft and see if they can help you out by explaining the situation or simply buy a new license and relicense windows.

->understand, even calling microsoft may result in you buying windows anyway.

replace the motherboard, set up the raid, as long as you're getting a similar motherboard with a related raid controller there should be no issues.

As to windows licensing, yes, windows will consider this a "new" computer, and will likely unlicense windows. In which case you have two choices. You can either call microsoft and see if they can help you out by explaining the situation or simply buy a new license and relicense windows.

->understand, even calling microsoft may result in you buying windows anyway.

Solution