Issue with permissions and access of shared folder through network

nextfreak

Commendable
May 22, 2016
Hello guys!!

I have 4 PCs at home and I want to create a folder in one of them, so that I would be able to share it through the network but access it only from my laptop. I don't want any other PCs or devices to be able to have access to that folder.

So what I did was to create that folder, and make it public. Then I built a homegroup, connected the 2 devices (pc and laptop) and granted full control permissions to the users of the homegroup for that folder. But that doesn't work. I cannot access that folder from my laptop.

The folder is discoverable. No issue there. But there is no access, due to permissions. The only way I can access it and create a network path for that folder, is to grant full permissions to "Everyone". However, that doesn't work for me, because anyone can enter the folder from any other device connected to my network.

How can I fix this? Thank you in advance...

Note: Both Win10

nextfreak

Commendable
May 22, 2016

Remote Desktop is active on my PC but there is no option on my laptop. I think it's because of the Windows 10 Home version my laptop uses. However, Remote Assistance is OK.