Strange blue screens. First programs freeze one by one every few seconds.

Snicklodocus

Commendable
May 22, 2016
Hello! I'm not really sure where to start with this problem. I've had a hard time searching for solutions because the symptoms are hard to describe. I'd appreciate any advice!

As said in title, I've been getting some strange, sporadic blue screens of death. They seem to happen more often while playing games, but not always. Sometimes I get them multiple times a day, but I have gone weeks without one also.

I will notice a program will stop responding. When this happens, Windows seems to work correctly except I cannot close any program or open the Task Manager. Sometimes I can access the Start Menu but no buttons inside ever work (I can click them but they do nothing).

After a few seconds, another running program will fail. Later, another program, etc. Eventually, after 1-2 minutes, I will get a BSoD. Sometimes it will give me a "MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION" error, other times not. Sometimes my PC will reset itself.

Here are my specs:

• ■ Windows 10 Home 64-bit, up to date
    ■ CPU: Intel i7 930
    ■ Motherboard: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R
    ■ 12GB ram
    ■ Graphics card: AMD Radeon R9 280, latest drivers

Only thing I've done is a RAM test (Window's memtest.exe), which came back clean. I also run a temperature monitor, so I don't think overheating is the cause.

I'm not really sure what's the next step. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First is to run Windows Update and install all the update available.
- Once done, do run SFC Scanner.
- Search for Command Prompt, right click on it and select Run as Administrator.
- Once open, type sfc/scannow then press Enter. While until it finish the scan and see if it will solve the issue or not.
- If these steps will not work, proceed with doing a clean install of the graphics card driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the graphics driver.
- Next is to open Programs and Features then uninstall anything related to the graphics card.
- Once done, download and install the latest driver.
- Here's the link: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download
- Reboot the laptop once the latest driver has been installed then test it again.