Black screen every few seconds!?

Jaced

Reputable
Aug 26, 2014
Sometimes this doesn't happen but when it does, my screen would go black for a second then 5 seconds go by and it happens again (it would repeat another 10 or more times). Other times it would turn black for a few seconds and it would flicker as well. I'm asking because I can't find a fix. It's been happening for a few days. My PSU is brand new (everything is brand new), had my monitor for almost a year now. I reseated the monitor cable to my PC. I get a temporary fix for it though, but not effective, i turn the monitor off and back on again. I downloaded the graphics driver and redownloaded, no fix. Not sure if this is related but my house is old and the electric circuit is kinda old too. I need to find the solution because it's pretty annoying.

Specs:
I7 6700K
Corsair H100i v2 Liquid Cooler
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 7
G.skill 300mhz Cas 15
EVGA 750w P2 PSU
Samsung 850 Evo 250GB
Running on Windows 10

Solution
I actually found a solution to my problem through Amazon when I reviewed the product, someone commented this: "It is a problem with the memories and the xmp profile. With my GSkill DDR4 3400 2x8gb and video onboard the i7 6700K flashes when hdmi use. I found that when active profile xmp for the memories, the BIOS is playing a very high voltage, the VCCIO and VCCSA to more than 1.2V which causes the problem, I went into the bios and put in 1.1V for both and the problem disappeared." I took this person's advice and I changed the VCCIO and VCCSA to 1.1V, worked like a charm! No more black screens :D
some ideas:

-try another video cable and another monitor.
-deal with it until you get the pascal card. different graphics will probably fix the issue.
-remove overclocks from software and reset your bios to factory.
-make sure your bios is updated to the most recent version.

Jaced

Reputable
Aug 26, 2014
-All I can use for my motherboard is an HDMI, I switched the HDMI and it didn't fix the problem.
-That's what I was thinking.
-No overclocks on this system at all. Although I have XMP Profile enabled on the ram?
-Don't have a USB Flash Drive currently :(

xmp would almost certainly not cause this issue.

i'd definitely go out and buy one to give it a shot. that's a pretty major one to rule out. have you checked that you have the most recent version or can you tell me the version you have so I can check for you?

Jaced

Reputable
Aug 26, 2014
I actually found a solution to my problem through Amazon when I reviewed the product, someone commented this: "It is a problem with the memories and the xmp profile. With my GSkill DDR4 3400 2x8gb and video onboard the i7 6700K flashes when hdmi use. I found that when active profile xmp for the memories, the BIOS is playing a very high voltage, the VCCIO and VCCSA to more than 1.2V which causes the problem, I went into the bios and put in 1.1V for both and the problem disappeared." I took this person's advice and I changed the VCCIO and VCCSA to 1.1V, worked like a charm! No more black screens :D

Solution

TRENDING THREADS