Install both Nvidia Audio and Realtek driver?

libykim

Reputable
Jun 2, 2015
After researching a bit online, there doesn't seem to be a consensus on what to do with these two drivers.

I've seen...
1. arguments over which audio is better.
2. people claming Nvidia Audio driver is not the same thing as Realtek in the sense that it is just for the HDMI port to work (which confuses me, because my HDMI port works without the driver)
3. arguments over installing one or the other, or both.

So how does this really work, and what is the best practice when it comes to these two drivers?

Solution
I will go with number 2, they are both audio drivers but the Nvidia only works with hdmi whereas the realtek drivers work with the motherboard sound ports which are analog or digital.
As such, you can have both on pc at same time. It all depends what you use.
I use analog speakers so have Realtek installed for those, the HDMI audio option just goes unused.
Its hard to avoid the Nvidia audio drivers if you use a Nvidia GPU, though i guess you could choose custom install everytime you get new drivers.

They don't do the same functions on the same hardware so I can't see a problem having both if you have the hardware for them.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I will go with number 2, they are both audio drivers but the Nvidia only works with hdmi whereas the realtek drivers work with the motherboard sound ports which are analog or digital.
As such, you can have both on pc at same time. It all depends what you use.
I use analog speakers so have Realtek installed for those, the HDMI audio option just goes unused.
Its hard to avoid the Nvidia audio drivers if you use a Nvidia GPU, though i guess you could choose custom install everytime you get new drivers.

They don't do the same functions on the same hardware so I can't see a problem having both if you have the hardware for them.

Solution