Skyrim fps increase?

Panos Beltis

Reputable
Jun 26, 2015
I've seen a video with a young lady who helps people on YT setting up ENB projects on Skyrim. In one of her videos, I've seen she had like 200-400fps on the loading screen, when I boot my Skyrim doing exactly what she did, I only get around 50-60fps on loading screen, and 20-45fps in-game with ENB opened, and If I close it, I get around 58-60. FPS limit is not enabled from what I know, and her gpu is a gtx780, mine is a gtx970 4gb evga edition, I know 780's are strong, but I also know 970's are way stronger and better in performance. So, what gives? Why am I having so bad framerates even though my rig is supposed to be decent and with a very strong gpu? Please, enlighten me, it really drives me crazy, sometimes it dropps in 15-20fps which is unbearable.

My rig here :

Motherboard : ASRock Z87 Extreme 4
CPU : Intel I-5 4570 3.2 Ghz - upgraded the cooler to an aftermarket cooler Hyper EVO TX3.
Ram : 8GB
GPU : NVidia GeForce 750 Ti - upgraded to GTX970 EVGA ACS2 4GB SC2.
PSU : 530 ATCSx
Monitor : Samsung 32" HDTV 1920x1080
Case : Aerocool GT Black Edition ( http://www.skroutz.gr/s/4215130/Aerocool-GT-Black-Editi... )

^Again, it may be not a perfect gaming rig, but it's still considered very good, right? It SHOULD played Skyrim with ENB mods on 60fps.

Assuming you don't have any mod conflicts...
Make sure you have the performance d3d9.dll installed.
High res textures need high speed drives.
Don't play in windowed mode,it messes the game up.
Make sure, in nvidia control panel, that your card's power profile is in performance mode and not in adaptive.

Panos Beltis

Reputable
Jun 26, 2015
Since I'm clogged with another more serious issue about Skyrim mods at the moment and it drives me crazy and mad, I'll answer in order everything.

1. I have it, more like had* it, since I unistalled/installed my copy of Skyrim a dozens of times today. <-Thanks for the problem I have now.
2. High speed drives? Like what? Isn't my rig good enough?
3. I don't play in window mode, I never play in window mode, the game runs in 1920x1080 in a native resolution.
4. It is in performance mode, the game runs at 58-60fps without ENB mods, but when I install an ENB it goes down to 20-30fps with no reason, and yes, I do try to tweak the enblocal.ini and put everything in order.

^The more serious problem I deal with atm, it seems NMM decided to not let me remove the SMIM mod from my list. I cannot remove it no matter what I try, I did everything, the mod is still there, can't be removed, can't be deleted by uninstalling NMM and Skyrim together, and it doesn't make any sense. I used everything, even downloaded a file to mod the computer on getting rights on the file to remove it, it doesn't go, it just being deleted until 46% and then that's it, it lags, slows pc and then freezes everything. I don't know what else to do.

TRENDING THREADS