Windows Taskbar stays on top of Full Screen video in Google Chrome (using Dual Monitors)

TheGrizzlyMuffin

Reputable
Dec 26, 2015
For about the past two weeks, I've been having an issue with Google Chrome only where if I try to full screen a video in either of my two monitors, the taskbar refuses to auto-hide as it normally does. I had a similar issue on Windows 7, which is why I decided to make the switch to Windows 10 in late December 2015. The problem disappeared for a while, but has resurfaced. It was triggered when I downloaded an NVIDIA GPU driver update. Though the update triggered the problem, the driver itself is not the issue, as I've tried waiting for new driver updates (I've downloaded two new ones since the problem arose) AND going back multiple versions, with no fix to the issue. Of course, I've shut down and restarted my PC MULTIPLE times since the bug arose. I've also tried updating Java and Flash, just in case those were somehow causing the problem...no fix. The only "fix" that I've found for it over the past couple of weeks is hiding the taskbar permanently on my second display. But even that will show the bottom few pixels of whatever program is behind the full screen video, for whatever reason. As I said, it's ONLY on Google Chrome (and I've even tried uninstalling and reinstalling the web browser multiple times). It doesn't bug out on the default Windows browser that I refuse to even type the name of, it doesn't bug out on Firefox, and it doesn't bug out when I put local video files in full screen on either monitor. I feel as though I've tried everything that I can think of, but if someone has run into the issue or can duplicate the issue to try to find out what's going on here, it'd be very much appreciated :)

Solution
its actually a chrome bug, it has been reported on their web site. As to a fix? guess it will happen eventually.

Best advice is use another browser until its fixed.