Asus GL552VW won't boot to anything on a USB

Arctus9819

Commendable
May 24, 2016
I got an Asus GL552VW. It runs perfect in every way, except anything I boot from a USB crashes mid boot. By mid boot, I mean I get an indication that the boot has started (loading screen, or something of that sort) but it crashes eventually. I tried the following:

Clonezilla - First screen where we pick the default resolution turns up. Second one, where we pick the language, never turns up. I simply get a screen of rapidly scrolling text, followed by what looks like a kind of CLI interface where I can input commands.

Minitool Partition Wizard - Again, the first screen where it says press enter to do continue turns up. Mind you, this has the appearance of a regular inside-Windows app. I press enter, the main, smaller central window turns black. The background picture still remains though.

Ubuntu - Starts up, I select "Try ubuntu without installing", the ubuntu logo turns up with a five dot loading bar below that blinks on and off in sequence. After a few seconds, the blinking stops, and it just hangs at that point. Three lines of code appear before the ubuntu logo appears, but they disappear too quickly for me to read them.

Throughout all this, Windows is working fine. I tried Ubuntu on my other laptop, a Lenovo, and it runs fine. I didn't test the others cause I already ruined the MBR in my Lenovo once, and I can't risk it right now.

The Asus is a completely untouched laptop, I only modified the BIOS settings required to boot the USB. Disabled secure boot, enable CSM and the legacy option that turns up below it, and the boot order.

I called Asus support, which has been less helpful than Google. Any advice you guys can provide would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: I forgot my specs. My laptop is this one (link to flipkart, where I bought the laptop): http://goo.gl/dztfY2