Best B150M Motherboard for $100

Sylphrena

Commendable
May 24, 2016
Hello everyone. I am currently building a pc for the first time and have now come to finalizing my parts for my computer.
However, i have trouble deciding between the following B150M Motherboards:

Gigaybte B150M-D3H - $129
MSI B150M Mortar - $139

I am building a PC for gaming and the following are the parts that i have decided upon.

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/N6kkvK

CPU: i5-6600 - $308
GPU: Asus GeForce GTX 4GB - $289
Mobo: Gigabyte B150M-D3H - $129
RAM: 1x8GB Kingston ValueRAM DDR4-2133 - $44
SSD: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" SSD - $122
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal HD - $129
Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z 144Hz - $440
PSU: Undecided
Case: Undecided

I will be asking for opinions on my build in the relevant forum. I am asking for your opinions on the motherboard i should choose. I have read comparisons and reviews and it seems like both the Asus B150M Plus and the MSI B150M Mortar perform better in benchmarks compared to the Gigabyte B150M-D3H, but as to which of the two are better, different sites have different opinions. I am asking your opinions on which motherboard i should be choosing with this specific build.
If you would like to suggest another motherboard, please do so!

Thank you very much.

Edit: Removed the Asus B150M Plus

Gnuffi

Honorable
Sep 14, 2013
i personally like Asus reliability
Gigabyte second,
i dont use MSI, so for me i wouldnt consider it as a choice

either will do fine and you will never be able to tell any performance difference, benchmarks doesnt apply such to real world use

since the Asus is also priced neatly in between he 2, it sorta sweetens the deal for me, and i would go for that, tho in my experience you do usually get more for teh dollar on Gigabyte board vs Asus
but im leaning towards Asus cos im feeling fanboyish

Sylphrena

Commendable
May 24, 2016

Thank you for your honest opinion. I think reviews from users who have actually used the products to be more trustworthy than benchmarks themselves. That is why i haven't just gone and purchased the one which was rated as the best.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador

Buy the GB board Asus was a good brand years ago but have really just gone down unless you buy one of their overpriced ROG boards.
Also what i said about the video card and monitor is true unless your just playing CSGO. Why buy a 144 refresh rate monitor when the gtx 960 can't push 60.

Gnuffi

Honorable
Sep 14, 2013

true about the Auss, not going down in quality, since their stuff is still top quality, but you do pay more for it now price/feature/quality, and can usually get a Gigabyte of similar quality cheaper than Asus, and ASRock even cheaper still

and couldnt agree more on the 144hz monitor combo with gtx 960 in most games it wont use all the potential of the monitor, unless playing old games, or low demand games
but getting a good quality 144Hz monitor now shouldnt be discarded just because currently having a low end GPU, since one can/might upgrade GPU in teh future and then already have the 144Hz monitor ready
even games from 2014 can run at 100fps with the 960 on max quality settings, so its not impossible
but newer games wont ever be able to go there, barely 60fps,
but buying it now saves money so doesnt have to upgrade monitor too the next time a GPU upgrade is made that can use the full 144Hz in games, so it could be considered.

Sylphrena

Commendable
May 24, 2016
The 144hz monitor is mainly for CSGO. That is the game i play the most.
I have removed the Asus B150M-Plus from my list of considerations. It is now between the Gigabyte B150M-D3H and the MSI B150M Mortar

Edit: I have decided to go with the MSI B150M Mortar due to it having more gaming orientated features. Thank you for your advice on this matter.