Best 27"+ FPS Gaming & Color Accurate Monitor?

JdotH

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2011
Hi knowledgeable people, I need your help picking a new monitor.
Its time to replace my Dell 2407wfp (1920x1200p@60hz) & to get the best monitor possible for work and play. A gaming monitor that is also capable of professional color accuracy. Fast and color rich. Looking for the best.

I want the following minimum specs:
27" minimum
1440p or more (nothing less please)
fastest refresh rate over 100 hz
high color accuracy for rendering and Photoshop (I assume that means using IPS panel so I avoid color shifting)
high response time of at most 4ms
G-sync (not interested in Freesync or using AMD cards)

I was considering the ROG Swift PG279Q (DisplayPort: 2560x1440(up to 165Hz)) Good idea or is there a better monitor?
Not interested in the Acer Predator as it is too gamer looking.

Also, does G-Sync cap the gpu to a certain fps range or can the fps, with the right gpu, hit 144+fps using G-Sync? I would like to use G-Sync and hit 144hz/fps.

Thank all for the input :)

Solution
These are widely considered to be the best gaming monitors ever made: Acer x34 predator(i dont know if it's the predator you dont like) Asus ROG PG348Q. And i happen to agree. They are teh absolute best and are fenomenal for both work and gaming.

G-sync does not cap framerate and goes upto the maximum frequency the monitor can display.
Teh above monitors "only" do 100Hz, but you would be hard pressed to discern between 100 and 144. From 60 to 100 its night and day, from 100 99,9% of people cant even tell.

So i wholehartedly recommend 34" 21:9s over 27".

JdotH

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2011

I honestly am not convinced 100hz is enough. I hear ya but I want to make sure every aspect is a definite upgrade.
The Predator series is far to gamery looking.
The Asus ROG PG348Q has 2 compromises: 5ms response time and 100hz.
Im at 4ms with my current Dell monitor. Worries me to increase the delay. Again, is 100hz enough of a difference coming from 60hz? Its a 40hz differential. While 144hz is a 84hz differential.

I noticed its a PG348Q. Is there going to be a PG349Q?

It's not linear. The most difference is between 60 and 80, then there's less of a difference between 80 and 100, and after that, it's pretty much hard to tell unless you play CS competitevly all day.
But don;t take my word for it man, 1.3k is alot of dough, you should find one in a shop and go try it.

What i can tell you for sure, though, is that 21:9 is really worth looking into if you want the best. Basically i yawn when i see 16:9s these days.
For workflow alone, having the equivalent on two 4:3 displays without a bezel in front of you is.. I'm never going back that's all im saying :))

As for ASUS's release plans, i have no idea. mayeb in a year they'll have 144hz IPS in this format. Maybe not, You can never know with these things.

Solution