My tech sucks..

Shawn Dunmire

Honorable
Sep 25, 2013
Hey guys,

First issue: So my router/modem (Netgear N300, Model C3000) sucks, i've only had it a few months. I live in a 1bd apartment and have spotty connection even when I'm just in the next room using my laptop. The internet is either super slow, with spurts of "okay" speed. Or wont load stuff at all sometimes. Even when right next to the modem/router, the speeds are like 5mbps, and when I hardwire with an ethernet, it's 50mbps *what I pay for*. What do you guys think?

Second issue: I have a logitech m325 dongle plugged into my Macbook, which sits on my coffee table 10 feet away. The mouse is sometimes glitchy, lagging around and stuttering. I do have a logitech wireless keyboard dongle also plugged into the laptop, which has no problems typing or missing keystrokes. What's going on ya think? Also is there a way to make the mouse feel more natural? The acceleration is terrible, i move the mouse an inch it barely moves, I move it 2 inches and it shoots across the screen, there is no continuity.

Not much, you can try to change channels on the router, but if you have a lot of people around you using their routers and wireless, microwaves, cordless phones, etc..., you will have issues.

You can test this by building a little tin foil hut and putting the mouse and the receiver inside it and see if the mouse moves OK with that blocking outside interference a bit. Actually you said that a keyboard is OK, what type of surface is the mouse on? Is it shiny or reflective or glass? Does it act the same way on a mouse pad?

Shawn Dunmire

Honorable
Sep 25, 2013

The mouse works the same on the corsair mousepad I have as on the coffee table itself. Still weird and glitchy. Tried a different mouse today, same issue. So between that and the shitty wifi, idk what's the issue, doesn't matter if i'm RIGHT next to the laptop either. Also tried unplugging the keyboard and just using the mouse, still have the issue, and unplug keyboard and mouse and the wifi still sucks.