Help with AC circuit

Piston_broke_again

Commendable
May 25, 2016
Is it possible to make a circuit that let's my bedroom light (240v AC) detect a frequency/pitch/tone from my alarm clock which turns the light on.
Any help or point in the right direction appreciated. Thanks.

Solution
yes it is possible to make a circuit that detects a frequency/pitch/tone. you can search the internet for Tone detection circuits and get many results. but when creating something to turn on a high voltage device I say leave it up to the electrical engineers to make something that wont burn down your house. (I was going to school for electrical engineering trust me when I say that most basic designs are not safe, there's a lot to consider in safe high voltage electric design)
yes it is possible to make a circuit that detects a frequency/pitch/tone. you can search the internet for Tone detection circuits and get many results. but when creating something to turn on a high voltage device I say leave it up to the electrical engineers to make something that wont burn down your house. (I was going to school for electrical engineering trust me when I say that most basic designs are not safe, there's a lot to consider in safe high voltage electric design)

Solution