TV as Monitor?

Mike3k24

Respectable
Apr 21, 2016
I'm thinking about buying a TV use as a monitor. 1. What is a good size for PC gaming? 2. How much would it cost? 3. Is it a good idea for dual monitors? 4. In general is it a good idea at all?

Solution
1. 24" or greater.

2. $150-$1,000 (USD)

3/4. TV's aren't that great for PC monitors, they often have alot of image processing introducing latency, and a very poor pixel ratio. However you might find that you enjoy watching movies and TV more enjoyable.

I would personally recommend a monitor over a TV.

warhead0

Distinguished
1. 24" or greater.

2. $150-$1,000 (USD)

3/4. TV's aren't that great for PC monitors, they often have alot of image processing introducing latency, and a very poor pixel ratio. However you might find that you enjoy watching movies and TV more enjoyable.

I would personally recommend a monitor over a TV.

Solution

Mike3k24

Respectable
Apr 21, 2016

Okay. Thank you for the response. Do you have any recommend monitors?

warhead0

Distinguished
No monitors in particular, they are all good in there own way. but I can recommend some decent brands..

Asus, Samsung, BenQ, ViewSonic, Acer and Dell are a few of the leading brands that you can generally trust to make a quality product.

Some things to pay attention to is the panel type, usually TN or IPS. both have their own strengths and weaknesses when it comes to picture quality and specs.

Mike3k24

Respectable
Apr 21, 2016

OKay thank you for the suggestions.