Monitor connected to onboard graphics not working with new graphics card

gforrest

Commendable
May 25, 2016
I am installing a new computer for a co-worker. The computer didn't have a dedicated graphics card, but their old computer had a geforce gt 610 that I pulled so that she could continue to use 3 monitors. Before installing the graphics card I had the computer running with a monitor plugged into the onboard VGA port working fine. I then installed the graphics gard with the monitors set up the same way they were on the old computer (1 connected to onboard VGA port, 2 connected to graphics cards DVI ports) however now the computer won't recognize the monitor plugged into the onboard vga port. I am running the up to date NVIDIA driver I have tried detecting the missing monitor in the display menu of the control panel as well as the "rigorous display detection" in the NVIDIA control panel. Any ideas how to get that port to work. The computer is an ASUS M32.

Solution
Either you find the option in Bios or you may want to contact Asus about that. By default the igpu-part of the cpu gets disabled if a dedicated gpu is detected. Only newer bios versions support the dual operation. It may help to install the Intel drivers tough.
Either you find the option in Bios or you may want to contact Asus about that. By default the igpu-part of the cpu gets disabled if a dedicated gpu is detected. Only newer bios versions support the dual operation. It may help to install the Intel drivers tough.

Solution