Windows 10 PC enter sleep mode when starting up

GeertJan

Commendable
May 26, 2016
My pc got the following problem. A few days goes I had a corrupted profile on my pc and at the same time my internet stopped working (don't think it's related). I fixed the profile problem by creating a new one. This all looked fine. Pc started up every time.

My internet provider gave me a new modem so internet worked again. Went onto a website. Worked fine. But seemed my keyboard had the wrong settings. So I changed it to UK and did a restart.

PC then logged off and restarted. When restarting the following happened: pc loaded and you can see on monitor its starting up. You can see Windows 10 trying to load for a while (the wee circle goes around). Then suddenly monitor displays: entering sleep mode. And can't get out of it.

Tried the following:

1. Check all cables. Got them out, checked them and put all back.

2. Restarted Pc. Still same problem.

3. Switched Pc off. Got power off and switched all back on.

4. Got video card out of slot and put it into new slot. Still same problem

5. Trying to load Pc into safe mode. Didn't work either.

Everything didn't work. What could be the problem? A not properly working video card or maybe a Windows 10 problem?

Before I phone someone to fix it I want to make sure I can't fix it myself. So please could anyone help me?

GeertJan

Commendable
May 26, 2016
Thank you. I am planning to do that. Got a bootable USB already ready. But before I do that I want to save my data which is still on the PC.

Can't boot at all though so don't how to get to disk. Starting in Safe Mode didn't work either. You know how I can save my data?