Will my new cpu give me hell for the next 8months?

theoneonlynader

Commendable
May 27, 2016
so i've been saving up to build a new budget gaming rig for myself.
first i was aiming for a gtx 960 and a core i5 6500,but seeing the not so good price to performance ratio of gtx 960 i'm thinking of getting a gtx 970 cuz its so good and a core i3 6100 for the next 8month or so till i swap it for a core i5 or something.(i plan to game at 900p 60hz fps)
so my question is will the core i3 6100 make my gaming a living hell for the next 8months till i swap it with a better cpu or will do just fine cuz judging from the benchmarks i've seen it handles games pretty well.
tnx in advance:)

theoneonlynader

Commendable
May 27, 2016

well 2 reasons
1.i'm dying to play the recent games and i'm building my pc in 2days

2.where i'm from it will be at least a month before i can get access to a 1070 shipments are a little slow in my country plus it will be more expensive than a 970 in my country due to shitty economy

gtx 970 is a beast tho the new gen has come to markets and it will still be a great buy regardless my only concern is with the core i3 frankly i've never built a pc where the limiting factor is the cpu before this so im a little worried about it
tnx for helping btw:)

Inkiad

Distinguished
Where are you from?

I say buy an i5 6500 now. Don't buy any graphics card. Buy the 1070 after 8 months. The integrated graphics can handle games somewhat at 720p.

Buy a quality power supply.

theoneonlynader

Commendable
May 27, 2016

thanks james mason thats all i needed to know short and helpful:)