Gaming PC or Engine for go kart

TonyGamespot

Commendable
May 27, 2016
I am stuck between deciding what to do now that i have extra money. I have always wanted to build a gaming pc but, i also have this go kart lying around that has no engine and wanted to put a 420cc engine on it. I can't decide as i only have enough money for one option.

Solution
Do the go kart. Learning or cultivating some real hands-on mechanical skills will serve you well over the long run.

Hopefully summer is coming in where you live. Go outside and enjoy some "shade tree" mechanic hours. Scrape and bang up your hands - be proud of the scars. :)

Then drive around as the laws permit.

Besides, PC prices are going down. If you wait awhile and continue saving you will probably be able to build the pc sooner than you think. You can do that on rainy days and learn another skill set. And there will be some overlap.

Ralston18

Titan
Do the go kart. Learning or cultivating some real hands-on mechanical skills will serve you well over the long run.

Hopefully summer is coming in where you live. Go outside and enjoy some "shade tree" mechanic hours. Scrape and bang up your hands - be proud of the scars. :)

Then drive around as the laws permit.

Besides, PC prices are going down. If you wait awhile and continue saving you will probably be able to build the pc sooner than you think. You can do that on rainy days and learn another skill set. And there will be some overlap.

Solution

ElijahRio

Commendable
Jun 11, 2016
I would say build the PC if your'e going to use it a good bit, like playing games, editing and that. Also make it powerful as well, I have no idea how much that engine would cost but I'll guess around 300 for the max, in which case that is the best. If you really want to build a PC you should go all out making a fancy thing, like a water cooled one or put it in a desk.
if you aren't doing something like that definitely get the engine it would be a far better experience, again I have no clue what this budget is.
I'm edging you to the engine just if it's not clear.

Electonic

Honorable
Mar 10, 2014
Agreed with the other responses. Go for the engine. Unless maybe you don't have a computer or even a console and would rather play video games with friends than having a go kart. Just another perspective, where will you drive? Do your friends have go karts to drive as well or will you be alone?
good luck

Rafael Mestdag

Reputable
Mar 25, 2014
If I were you and had space enough to race that go kart, I wouldn't think twice, get the engine and go have some outdoor fun with it. You can get a good and relatively cheap pc after that or even while you build your go kart.