Ipod to Mercedes Vito

Paolo Solari

Commendable
Feb 17, 2016
I have an Ipod Touch and would like to connect it to my Mercedes Vito van to listen to music. It's a bit of an old model so there is no USB or AUX port in the van so I'll have to connect it through the cigarette lighter but I have a couple of questions.

1. Can I change songs by using the controls on the dashboard if I connect it through the cigarette lighter?

2. Can anyone recommend a good quality cable or item that I need to be able to do this, or at least help me find out what I need to look for. Something decent enough quality but nothing too expensive is preferable.

Thank you,

Paolo

Solution
Connecting to the cigarette charger will only charge it, there is no way to play songs through there because it isn't connected to the head unit in anyway.

Essentially there isn't much in the way of genuine cables that will help unfortunately. If you have a genuine head unit and don't mind swapping things then i would recommend putting in an aftermarket head unit with aux or Bluetooth capabilities. Definitely the easier option on that side.

casual_defetist

Commendable
Apr 10, 2016
Connecting to the cigarette charger will only charge it, there is no way to play songs through there because it isn't connected to the head unit in anyway.

Essentially there isn't much in the way of genuine cables that will help unfortunately. If you have a genuine head unit and don't mind swapping things then i would recommend putting in an aftermarket head unit with aux or Bluetooth capabilities. Definitely the easier option on that side.

Solution