Sound keeps crashing/disconnecting so for about 2 months

kazuto

Reputable
Feb 18, 2015
Sound keeps crashing/disconnecting

so for about 2 months ive had this problem that sound crashes/dsiconnects, it usally happens when i launch a game and have a skype call open, so i tried teamspeak with the game and sound still crashed. so i thought i would just not speak with friends. but then every now and then a youtube video would stop playing saying an error and i have to refresh twice or more, this happens with other video streamers aswell.

usually sound comes back when i close the game and skype, then open the game and then launch skype. but then if i use steams shift tab overview it might crash sound again if i play vids.

i think the issue might be sound just disconencting and reconnecting
since when playing warframe it said audio functonality lost and regained a split second after sound went. so that means that the sound is still there but apps and such havent been paired up with the sound?

im using a roccat kave xtd and im running windows 10

Solution
Have you updated your motherboard drivers? it could be your USB drivers or perhaps a bios update so motherboard recognises the roccat device.

The onboard sound shouldn't be effecting it as it doesn't normally look at USB. Is there newer drivers for the headset?

Colif

Win 11 Master
Have you updated your motherboard drivers? it could be your USB drivers or perhaps a bios update so motherboard recognises the roccat device.

The onboard sound shouldn't be effecting it as it doesn't normally look at USB. Is there newer drivers for the headset?

Solution