Does the Google NIK B&W software run on Windows 10 64 bit? With PSE 13.1

PeterZ640

Reputable
Dec 26, 2015
Just windered if anyone was using this - did it cause any problems .
I don't want problems and am wary as the Google Nik site says its OK for Windows 7 , 8, and 8.1
So be great to know if its bomb proof.
Thanks

Solution

Works just fine. No issues.
I have it running with Lightroom 5, on Win 10 x64.

PeterZ640

Reputable
Dec 26, 2015
Being non technical if it caused problems I wouldnt know how to fix it.
Had a real hard time building my fist pc with 3 faulty SM motherboards! Finally got one that worked - just dont want problems

PeterZ640

Reputable
Dec 26, 2015
Yeah just know my limitations e.g. i had used Samsungs Magician, lovely bit of software used it 3 x to set up 850 Evos.
Tried it on this motherboard, and thank god I looked at Intels XTUs Monitor the CPU speed was set permenantly at 3.5 cyling up to to 3.8 GHz and down to 3.5GHz . As I have the massive Noctua Cooler it kept all the cores at 29-37C

Why who knows uninstalled Magician still same issue. Cleared CMOs and reloaded Windows from scratch back to normal at idle its now 1.2 GHz!
Go figure, hence I reserach anything that possibly could screw up.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Magician has power performance modes - you can set PC to to match SSD. Its high performance mode will do exactly what you said, it sets CPU speed to max all the time. Now I know it does that I just run it occasionally to check ssd is okay - it doesn't run at start up and I have set no modes so its at default. I ignored RAPID mode too. Mine idles at .77ghz

Now add that to Asus AI Suite 5 way optimization and suddenly have a perma 4ghz overclock running at max speed all the time... yeah, I did that last year without knowing it.

PeterZ640

Reputable
Dec 26, 2015

Well you can imagine just how worried I was when I discovered it, being a newbie, who previously just turned on the sony Vaio! Never checking a thing for 3 years!
Bloody glad I spotted it in a few minutes, in XTU! As the fans only ramped up from 200 to 320 rpm to one at 485 rpm - so basically an inaudible difference, yet it was like the equivalent of running my car at 6,000 to 6,500 rpm permanently! - I think that would have even broken my Mercedes 5 litre V8 in a few months! Lol

Whats interesting is , a supposedly very knowledgeable poster, said it was impossible for magician to effect cpu speed! Despite a photo of the 3.7GHz and the increased core voltage from 0.737V to 1.048V in Intel XTU and CPU-Z! ( latter voltage only).

USAFRet

Titan

Works just fine. No issues.
I have it running with Lightroom 5, on Win 10 x64.

Solution