PC BUILD for games such as csgo, overwathc and gta5 + upgrading tips

Michaelsws

Reputable
May 2, 2016
First thanks for reading
I am building a pc for my self parts have already been ordered so please DO NOT tell me what parts to change and criticise my choices i have my reasons.
Please do tell me what i should get or upgrade next.
* perfect for my budget and i did months of thinking and asking*
My PC specs
CPU i5-6500
MOBO MSI B150M BAZOOKA
GPU MSI GTX 950 ARMOR 2X
RAM 2X4 HYPER FURYX
PSU COOLER MASTER ELITE V2 550W
SSD SOME PNY 120GB SSD RECOMMENDED BY SHOP

What i am going to upgrade (lower=higher priority)
1 get 1 more fan
2 get COOLER MASTER HYPER 212 EVO
3 get 2x4 same ram
4 get more storage
5 get a nicer case

READ
If you are recommending upgrade(s) please arrange or number them to lower=higher priority
For those people that are good at doing themed builds please do recommend black and white colour themed upgrades.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR SUGGESTING

BEFORE YOU CRITICISE MY CHOOSING SKILLS READ THIS
My budget is literally my life savings ( dont criticise this also) im a teen that is not working
Reason for choosing:
CPU generally decent skylake cpu
MOBO MSI has a pretty good reputation at the shop and people i know and its budget
GPU a gtx960 is just to high here because of taxes+currancy that makes it not worth it
RAM its just ram
PSU cooler master also has good reputation
SSD recommended by shop and cheaper and faster than hyperx ssd
WHY I DID NOT GET A COOLER YET i rather get a better cpu now then a better cooler now

GAMES
im planning to play only a few high end triple a games. mainly only csgo, overwatch and gta5.
so i lastly ask for a fps estimate for each game at low 720p, low 1080p, ultra 720p, ultra 1080p

THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE AND READING TROUGH MY VERY LONG THREAD

LongHotSummer

Commendable
Apr 5, 2016
GTX 950 is an ok card. I think you will use it to its maximum potential with your current build. It seems you can't really improve this build without replacing components (mainly CPU/GPU).

Agree with 1 more fan and maybe the cooler master will help a bit, but not enough to justify its price. More than 8 GB ram for a game won't help.

CV_Taihou

Reputable
Dec 3, 2015
Absolutely no reason to get a CPU Cooler. The CPU is locked and cannot be overclocked. As a result the stock cooler is fine. Do you have a normal HDD? Most importantly, where are you? You might be able to sell the 950 and get a much better GPU which is holding you back far more than CPU or RAM

Michaelsws

Reputable
May 2, 2016

the place i live room temp is around 35c and i'd prefer safer temps and that is also y its and upgrade not included in the build

edit: and if i sell the gtx 950 it will just be a waste ok i will give the price diffference between 950 and 960 from 950 is 700ish and a 960 is 1k ish

CV_Taihou

Reputable
Dec 3, 2015

Is the CPU thermal throttling at room temp? If it is investing in a cooler might be a reasonable idea. Otherwise there honestly isn't any point.

Michaelsws

Reputable
May 2, 2016

first intels cooler is only ment to keep the cpu at usable temps during usage then my country has normaly high temps +my room has bad cool air intakes 1 window 1ac 1fan and the door the window leads to the back which is alwase very hot caus my neighboor does stuff that also produces dust and im not aloud to turn on ac most times
so the cpu will most definetly thermal throttle after the cooler gets abit dusty mabye

Michaelsws

Reputable
May 2, 2016

getting more ram because its also gonna be my school pc and im gonna do more than game at 1 time possibly play gta while having csgo up for trading and other stuff basically that extra ram would be vary helpful if u know how i do projects