Volume mixer shows application called nine that plays audio ads

Molotuff

Commendable
May 30, 2016
As stated in the title I accidentally acquired a virus/malware and while I was able to get rid of most of it, random audio ads keep playing. I looked in the volume mixer and an application called nine showed up. So far no anti-malware or anti-virus has fixed it. I know I can just mute it but I would like to have it completely off my computer. Here is a picture of my volume mixer
WgIoOkX.png

Solution
I use AdwareCleaner (by Xplode) and it always works for me. Run Malwarebytes in case you haven't, but this usually removes any adware still left:

- https://toolslib.net/downloads/viewdownload/1-adwcleaner/

audie-tron25

Reputable
Mar 23, 2015
I use AdwareCleaner (by Xplode) and it always works for me. Run Malwarebytes in case you haven't, but this usually removes any adware still left:

- https://toolslib.net/downloads/viewdownload/1-adwcleaner/

Solution

WilderBill

Commendable
Oct 30, 2016
Dear Molotuff,

This is definitely adware but no tools are necessary here. Open task manager and find the running process called "Nine". Right click on it and select "open file location". I will probably be in C\Program Files (x86) but is also probably a "hidden" file so you will have to show hidden files to navigate to the offending folder. To show hidden files (in windows 10), double click "This PC", double click "Local Disk C" and under the "View" tab, select the "hidden items" box. Now you can see files that are hidden. This is one way that rogue adware (and other) files install themselves and drive the average user nuts because you cannot find the offending folder. Once you find the program, go back to Task Manager, right click the "Nine" process again, select "End Process" to stop the program running. You cannot delete a process that is running. Now simply delete the folder (in Program Files (x86) that is labeled "Nine" or contains the process called "Nine". That's it! Oh, and be more careful about downloading "free" software. Nothing is ever "Free". Best Regards