Screen goes black when playing games

Ben_111

Commendable
May 31, 2016
So about a month ago I came across an issue whilst I was playing certain games like csgo I would be able to happily play the game for rough fully 5 minutes until my monitor would go black then read no HDMI cable connected and I would have to leave my game, restart my pc then everything would work again and it's got to the point were I cannot play a number of games without my monitor saying no HDMI cable connected I have swapped my gpu and reinstalled my OS and still the same issues occurs I have also tried 3 different HDMI cables and one dvi and the problem still occurs I was thinking the issue might be my pci express slot on my mobo any ideas of what the issue could be and I would be so grateful !!

Solution
Check if your GPU drivers are up to date. If they are, try completely uninstalling them then reinstalling the newest drivers. If this doesn't work, I would go with what ffg7 said and swap your monitor. This seems to be a common issue among a few different models of monitors.

Edit: have you tried overclocking your GPU? If so, undo the overclock and see if the problem persists.

guitaristapd

Reputable
Aug 5, 2014
Check if your GPU drivers are up to date. If they are, try completely uninstalling them then reinstalling the newest drivers. If this doesn't work, I would go with what ffg7 said and swap your monitor. This seems to be a common issue among a few different models of monitors.

Edit: have you tried overclocking your GPU? If so, undo the overclock and see if the problem persists.

Solution