Need advice to decide between LG29UB65-P and LG 29UM68

onetimeengineer

Commendable
May 31, 2016
I'm no expert when it comes to display technology, so I would appreciate a little input to decide between the following two monitors:

LG29UB65-P

and

LG 29UM68

I do occasionally do a little bit of gaming with games such as Urban Terror, age of empires and some old school dos games, however I will primarily be using the monitor for:

a) Graphics
b) Video editing
c) Programming (software)
d) Watching HD/Bluray movies

I have the following motherboard and I use the onboard graphics card:

Asus Maximus V Gene

Thinking slightly long term, is the LG29UB65-P really worth the extra £100 for what I'll be using the monitor for?

Alternatively is there a better display I should be looking at with a similar size, i.e. widescreen 29inch

Many thanks

Solution
I'm fairly certain they are more or less the same panel, however, the 29UM68 is a newer revision released in 2016. Yep, an ultrawide will be great for everything you listed. The panel is also 75Hz which is great for image quality and fluidness.

I would suggest buying the panel from overclockers.co.uk but it looks like they are out of stock (£250 too). Amazon isn't too far off from that price.

You could try CCL, though I'm not too familiar with the website (live in the states). Here's a link, £242 with VAT and it looks like free delivery.
http://www.cclonline.com/product/205553/29UM68/Monitors/LG-29UM68-29-21-9-UltraWideT-FHD-IPS-LED-Monitor-29-Diagonal-/MON3983/?siteID=8BacdVP0GFs-5u.PSych9TGqs8p0f1bD6w

spagalicious

Distinguished
I'm fairly certain they are more or less the same panel, however, the 29UM68 is a newer revision released in 2016. Yep, an ultrawide will be great for everything you listed. The panel is also 75Hz which is great for image quality and fluidness.

I would suggest buying the panel from overclockers.co.uk but it looks like they are out of stock (£250 too). Amazon isn't too far off from that price.

You could try CCL, though I'm not too familiar with the website (live in the states). Here's a link, £242 with VAT and it looks like free delivery.
http://www.cclonline.com/product/205553/29UM68/Monitors/LG-29UM68-29-21-9-UltraWideT-FHD-IPS-LED-Monitor-29-Diagonal-/MON3983/?siteID=8BacdVP0GFs-5u.PSych9TGqs8p0f1bD6w

Solution

onetimeengineer

Commendable
May 31, 2016

Thanks for your feedback, very helpful and much appreciated!