Looking to buy a new monitor

KatsuAkane

Commendable
Mar 28, 2016
Hello! So im looking to get a 27 inch monitor upgrade! Here is what I have and would like!

Currently have a benq GW2450

Would like: 27 Inch monitor, 144hz, no TN panels please i hear the colors arnt that good.

I heard G-sync was good and since I have a nividia card it would work, is it worth it guys?

I also heard of benqs ultrawide monitor, but its low resolution scares me.

I really appreciate the help!

Solution
You can't answer that question without trying both. You can think that a higher resolution is better, but is that true for everyone? No, not even close.

Majority of cases, people buy high resolution monitors, only to adjust the DPI slider to properly being able to use the desktop applications, standard and browser.

The problem is that again, nobody can answer that question but you. Ultimately, the deciding factor is what the most comfortable viewing distance for you is, combined with your visual acuity.

The 144 Hz high resolution TN monitor is using an 8 bit native panel, compared to the IPS 8 bit + 10 bit FRC, or more accurately, 24 bit and 30 bit respectively.

All the best!
You can't answer that question without trying both. You can think that a higher resolution is better, but is that true for everyone? No, not even close.

Majority of cases, people buy high resolution monitors, only to adjust the DPI slider to properly being able to use the desktop applications, standard and browser.

The problem is that again, nobody can answer that question but you. Ultimately, the deciding factor is what the most comfortable viewing distance for you is, combined with your visual acuity.

The 144 Hz high resolution TN monitor is using an 8 bit native panel, compared to the IPS 8 bit + 10 bit FRC, or more accurately, 24 bit and 30 bit respectively.

All the best!

Solution

KatsuAkane

Commendable
Mar 28, 2016

hm this is very nice actually I guess im going to have to do more research! Thank you!