First Build, Does it Look Okay?

TPB_80

Commendable
Jun 1, 2016
Hi,

This will be my first build and I'm hoping someone can please check that these parts are a good match and I'm not about to make a bag full of rookie mistakes.

The PC will mainly be for photo (and a little video) editing. The only game I use these days is FSX, I may grab one of the newer flight sims at some point.

I would like to oc to ~4.5

I already have a couple of Samsung EVO 850's that I was going to upgrade my existing machine but It's getting on a bit now so I've decided to use them in a new build. I also plan on using my existing GTX 960 for the time being.

So these are the other part I picked out
(I will get a (couple of) Samsung 950 NVMe cards at a later date)

Intel Core i7-6700K 4GHz Socket 1151

MSI Z170A GAMING M5 Socket 1151

Fractal Design Arc 2 Midi Tower Case

S12-II 520W 80+ Bronze Certified PSU

Cooler Master Hyper 212x

HyperX 16GB (2x8GB) 2666MHz DDR4 Non-ECC CL15 1.2V Memory

Liteon Ihas324 24x Dvd±rw

Windows 10

That lot comes in at about £700 which is about as much as I'd be happy to spend, could stretch a little for a good reason.

Thanks

TPB_80

Commendable
Jun 1, 2016

Thanks, It's been hard to find a good suggestion for a cooler, don't fancy water cooling. That one was suggested on here somewhere.

Cryorig H5 Ultimate... Better option?

The ram is the cheapest I could find thats in the mb supported list (actually cheaper than the 2133 version), I know it's unlikely to have compatibility issues with another brand, just trying to reduce that chance, only a couple of £ in it.

Icaraeus

Honorable
Noctua makes great coolers. That's really most of what I know. I'm not an expert on aftermarket coolers. I don't use one. I have stock Intel cooler and it's more than sufficient.

mcconkeymike

Distinguished
I don't know why people rag on the 212 EVO cooler, I have them on 2 of my OC builds and they keep things about as cool as AIO water coolers for a fraction of the price. As for the rest of your build, I think it will do you nicely. Since you aren't a huge gamer, the GTX960 that you have should be more than enough as well.