1440p @ 75hz or 1080p @ 144hz?

Solution
With the R9 380, unless you turn the settings down you won't get the 144 FPS to reach the potential of a 144 Hz monitor.
What WILL help is getting a 144 Hz monitor with FreeSync. This allows the monitor to intelligently refresh to match the current frame rate.
As far as resolution is concerned, it's all up to preference. To me, 1080p looks fine. I can't see any real difference between a good 1080 and a 1440. If you're a videophile that likes to get every pixel you can cram onto the screen, by all means go higher.

Starcruiser

Honorable
With the R9 380, unless you turn the settings down you won't get the 144 FPS to reach the potential of a 144 Hz monitor.
What WILL help is getting a 144 Hz monitor with FreeSync. This allows the monitor to intelligently refresh to match the current frame rate.
As far as resolution is concerned, it's all up to preference. To me, 1080p looks fine. I can't see any real difference between a good 1080 and a 1440. If you're a videophile that likes to get every pixel you can cram onto the screen, by all means go higher.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS