USB Installed windows 7, wont boot after removing USB.

Rolf__93

Commendable
May 22, 2016
Hello. I recently build my very first PC. It worked, I made an USB bootable and installed windows 7, just like i would with a disc. I then installed first few games, drivers, and programs, and then deleted the files on the USB. I then turned the PC off, and started it again. Problem is that it doesnt want to boot now. It tells me no bootable device is avaible. I found that weird, as i had just installed windows 7 and have been playing the games the night before, so thought it had something to do with the USB. However i reinstalled YUMI on USB, made it bootable again with Windows 7 installer, and tried to boot it. Doesnt work, so i thought maybe i need to install windows 7 yet again, but the mouse/keyboard wont move an inch in the install setup. I waited 1-2 hours to see if the PC had to prepare for new keyboard/mouse, but nothing happened. Is that because Windows 7 is already installed? How can i get it to boot into the current HDD? I tried setting boot priorities different, but not working either. What to do, please help.

Rolf__93

Commendable
May 22, 2016

I tried all boot orders. Atm it is HDD, then USB

Rolf__93

Commendable
May 22, 2016

Yes. It goes straight to "No boot device avaible"

shmu26

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2014
you can try disconnecting all other hard drives, and remove all removable media like usb drives and CDs.
then it will have to find your windows installation, and boot from it.
If it still doesn't work, fix the boot using Macrium Reflect rescue media.

Rolf__93

Commendable
May 22, 2016

I only got 1 Hard drive and 1 USB drive. However I thought that when installing windows 7 from USB, it would automatically use the Hard drive as boot device, as its there the windows is installed?

USAFRet

Titan

Yes, that is how it should work. Apparently, you have something else.

Can you post a screencap of your Disk Management window?

Rolf__93

Commendable
May 22, 2016

Sorry, Im not near the PC atm.

TRENDING THREADS