Is VR underwhelming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rossdowling321

Reputable
Nov 24, 2014
I'm getting a HTC vive and i will have roughly 12x12 feet of space to use up and I've never used VR at all but from a outside perspective i personally feel that every game i see that is based on VR looks gimmicky but it is actually a tonne of fun and Its a experience that would overwhelm me.

Solution
As a person that has it.. it is not under whelming.

The key data point is the "Time Travel" effect. When you go, "Oh, that was a fun 30 min", and you realize that you've spent 5 hours in Tilt Brush or some other game. Pretty much everybody in VR has had this happen, and hence why one of the ideas is placing a clock / alarm system in the underlying VR software.

Also, the acrophobia never gets old. :)

I'm still waiting for a good horror or war game and getting full on PTSD. Roomie is going to walk in on me in the Vive and see me on the floor screaming, "FOREST! I CAN'T FEEL MY LEGS!"

Underwhelming no.

Also, I think there is huge value for people who live in small apartments, and can't fit a huge TV, that VR will serve as their...

Tri23

Respectable
May 31, 2016
As a person that has it.. it is not under whelming.

The key data point is the "Time Travel" effect. When you go, "Oh, that was a fun 30 min", and you realize that you've spent 5 hours in Tilt Brush or some other game. Pretty much everybody in VR has had this happen, and hence why one of the ideas is placing a clock / alarm system in the underlying VR software.

Also, the acrophobia never gets old. :)

I'm still waiting for a good horror or war game and getting full on PTSD. Roomie is going to walk in on me in the Vive and see me on the floor screaming, "FOREST! I CAN'T FEEL MY LEGS!"

Underwhelming no.

Also, I think there is huge value for people who live in small apartments, and can't fit a huge TV, that VR will serve as their main gaming console through virtualized desktops and gaming spaces.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS