Help! I have problems with an infinite boot loop.

computer-nerd101

Commendable
Jun 4, 2016
Hello, I've been using my Windows 10 normally as always. But one day when I turned my desktop on, the screen was on an infinite boot loop and looked like this:

iRJKZJs.png

It had no dots circling, but what it does that it shows up for about 10 seconds. Then my monitor says ANALOG and goes back to the Dell logo. My computer had no problems at all, and I have tried looking at every website for help. I have decided to make an account and ask the community, please respond as soon as possible thank you.

Colif

Win 11 Master
does it just say analog or does it say "Auto Detect (ANALOG INPUT) entering power save" http://www.cnet.com/forums/discussions/on-bootup-monitor-goes-immediately-into-power-save-mode-589502/

its possible your graphics card is at fault, do you have integrated graphics on motherboard you could plug in and test?

computer-nerd101

Commendable
Jun 4, 2016

It says 'ANALOG' then goes back to the Dell screen.

Colif

Win 11 Master
download a copy of win 10 installer on another pc and create a USB or DVD using this: https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/software-download/windows10
you may need it to see if you can get past blank screen, see if its a windows problem or hardware.
go into bios and set USB or DVD as 1st, hdd second
boot installer.. if it works, on screen after language choices, select repair this pc, not install
select troubleshoot
select advanced
select start up repair - this scans pc and might fix start up - will ask for logon details

if that doesn't fix it, boot from installer again, select repair pc again
select troubleshoot
select advanced
select start up options
select one of the safe modes, there are 3
pc will start in safe mode, simply restart from here (this can fix it)

if neither of these help, you may need a reset

to save files on pc you can use: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/use-ubuntu-live-cd-to-backup-files-from-your-dead-windows-computer/

once you saved files you want, boot from installer again
select repair pc again
select reset this pc (from top menu)
two choices, save files and settings (recommended) or wipe everything. Both will delete all your programs
Once you choose win 10 will save asome files, and restart pc, and reinstall win 10 again

Now if none of this worked because screen stayed blank, its a hardware problem and you might be best getting store to look at it as its hard to work out without a screen. Hopefuilly the problem isn't this.

computer-nerd101

Commendable
Jun 4, 2016

Does this remove all my files?

computer-nerd101

Commendable
Jun 4, 2016

Is there a way to save files without having to do this:
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/use-ubuntu-live-cd-to-backup-files-from-your-dead-windows-computer/

Colif

Win 11 Master
are the files in your library folders? if they are, the 1st type of reset won't touch them

if you have another pc, put the hdd out of this one into it as a secondary drive and copy stuff off it that way.

if you have two drives in pc, remove the storage drive and nothing will be lost then.

another way would be to have a store fix pc for you and ask them to make a backup copy of all your files so you don't lose them

computer-nerd101

Commendable
Jun 4, 2016

I'm saying is that. When I repair the windows files does that mean files will be removed or what happens?

Colif

Win 11 Master

this is asking you to set the order the pc launches programs. Normally the pc launches the Hard drive first when you start the pc, but if you set the USB or DVD to be first, you can launch programs from them first.

What I would suggest is getting pc fixed by a store. If you don't know what the BIOS is you are best getting PC looked at by people who do. You can break pc completely if you change things in there and don't know what you are doing.

I'm saying is that. When I repair the windows files does that mean files will be removed or what happens

what process are you running to repair them?

computer-nerd101

Commendable
Jun 4, 2016

I know where BIOS is, but the first Boot it has doesn't have the Hard Drive. :/

computer-nerd101

Commendable
Jun 4, 2016

Yes, it is Windows Boot Manager as first.

Boot I cannot select USB from the drop down list.

TRENDING THREADS