New HDD on 100% Windows 10: Tried Everything.

vladmoisuc

Commendable
Jun 4, 2016
Hello everybody. I recently bought a new pc, made be myself and I have installed windows 10 on it. I don't have it activated, but since the first time I turned my computer on the hard disk runs on 99-100% at startup and on small processes, but the task manager shows that only a few mb are used. I tried a lot of thing, from disabling superfetch and thing like that to replug the cables into the hardisk. I don't know what I can do. Please help me, it's annoying. I can't just do my work. I beg you to help me.
P.S.: This is the HDD: Hard disk Seagate Desktop HDD 1TB 7200RPM 64MB SATA-III
and this is the full system. http://www.pcgarage.ro/vizualizare-wishlist/1785443/

Solution

I would really recommend getting a free antivirus from somewhere else as windows defender is misses 25% of commons stuff that even the worst free...

vladmoisuc

Commendable
Jun 4, 2016

It's not just after the first few mins. After 4,5,6 hours this problem is active.

darky26

Reputable
Jan 30, 2016
I used to have somewhat the same issue. At first I was sure the HDD was the problem as every time it used to stay at 100% disk IO. Every application used to take quite a while to launch. But then I started to notice that when ever I used to open an application the antivirus used to cause a small spike(but comes down) even in the memory/ CPU utilization. The antivirus was something which came along with the Mobo(3 months trial). Uninstalled that and the issue fixed. maybe worth a look?

vladmoisuc

Commendable
Jun 4, 2016

Hello! Thanks for your answer,. I don't have any antivirus installed, just the windows defender.

I would really recommend getting a free antivirus from somewhere else as windows defender is misses 25% of commons stuff that even the worst free programs still seem to stop.

other then that I really don't have any other ideas unless you have a bad program installed that has a memory leak which would cause the hard drive to be actively writing to swap file. best of luck

Solution

TRENDING THREADS