How do setup dual HDMI monitors on a ASUS G20AJ?

AssaultSugar

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2011
so I recently bought a ASUS G20 (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883220981), and im trying to figure out how to setup dual monitors that are both HDMI?

Plugging one HDMI into the video card display port itself produces input, yet plugging in the second monitor into the HDMI port on the desktop itself yields nothing! Im just trying to figure out what I need to do to fix this since the other DVI ports are useless.

Solution
I believe what you are doing is plugging one monitor into the graphics card and the other in the motherboard directly. I'm pretty sure you can only plug them into either the motherboard or the video card. Plug one monitor into the HDMI and if your video card has a DVI or VGA them get a HDMI to DVI/VGA connector off of Amazon or somewhere else.

Hope this helps!

N325TX

Reputable
Jun 2, 2016
I believe what you are doing is plugging one monitor into the graphics card and the other in the motherboard directly. I'm pretty sure you can only plug them into either the motherboard or the video card. Plug one monitor into the HDMI and if your video card has a DVI or VGA them get a HDMI to DVI/VGA connector off of Amazon or somewhere else.

Hope this helps!

Solution