Does the AMD control panel have the same graphics options as the NVIDIA control panel?

saucell

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2013
sup dudes, im thinking switching sides for the rx 480 but im wondering if the amd control panel is as good as the nvidia control panel for adjusting graphic settings? does the amd control panel allow you to turn on vsync, 16X texture filtering, FXAA type AA, or enhance the software based AA to 8X even if the game only supports 4X etc?

i like these options in the nvidia control panel especially for old games that have very little graphic options in game. does amd have all these options as well? let me know bruhs i think im gonna upgrade my 750ti to the 8gb rx 480. thanks

"does the amd control panel allow you to turn on vsync, 16X texture filtering, FXAA type AA, or enhance the software based AA to 8X even if the game only supports 4X etc?"

yes it has the options to control the settings. yes it has option to enhance AA mode.
settings listed for my r290x in latest amd update the following are for gaming settings there are others for video and crap

Anti aliasing mode
AA method
morphological filtering
surface format optimization
frame rate target control
vertical refresh
opengl triple buffering
texture filtering quality
tesslation mode
shader cache
anisotropic filtering mode

as well as there version of power/clock (its a little weird to mess with at first to me) chart to overclock or under clock your gpu and a slider for memory and fan speed control.

you can set all this globally and also for specific games. so you don't have to overclock for every game if you don't need to.

saucell

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2013
thanks for the response, sounds like all the features im used to will still be available on the other side! now its time to wait for those damn rx 480 benchmarks!