Vr min specs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pc6777

Honorable
Dec 18, 2014
I don't have vr and I don't plan on getting it any time soon. But I couldn't help notice that my pc was under min specs. It anoying me a lot that my pc technicly cant handle vr. I have a gtx 970, an fx 6300 and 8 gigs of ddr3 ram. It's really annoying that y fx 6300 isn't vr ready, i dont want vr I just don't like how the 6350 and some 4 cores and possiblely there crappie apus might be supported and the fx 6300 is left in the dust. Will vr not work on a 6300? In nvidia is sys im not vr ready, but if I "upgraded" to one of there crappy peice of garbage apus I would be ready. Will vr run under min cpu specs? Does it only need a gpu within specs or will my fx 6300 not support vr because my fx 6300 that's soooooo much weaker than a 6350 and a freaking peice of garbage apu and a 4 core Athlon that's like 7 years old.

Solution
That will depend, and vary, upon what VR device and game title you are using. There is no "VR", there is hardware and software that perform a function. Since there are traditional game titles that check for and will not allow gameplay with less a specific minimum hardware qualification like, for example, at least a quad core CPU, I suspect this is a distinct possibility, but I've not heard anything yet that would indicate to me that this was being employed. More likely is the fact that it would simply not play well and have performance issues if it wasn't up to the task.

Since VR is in its infancy, it's rather hard to say what will or will not become a standard behavior yet.
I wouldn't read too much into those recommendations or specifications. The fact is that an FX-6300 can manage about the same performance as any FX-6350 or 8xxx series FX chip on most games and applications. There are very limited circumstances where either of those would outperform your chip.

Overclocking the hell out of it would probably help a great deal as well. Most FX-6300 overclockers I know of have been able to usually take those chips easily over 4Ghz and in some cases as much as 4.5Ghz or higher. That certainly won't put it in Intel CPU territory, but it should be sufficient to meet basic VR criteria. Considering it's a 4 year old architecture though, it's not surprising that it's not included on the list of acceptable processors.

That will depend, and vary, upon what VR device and game title you are using. There is no "VR", there is hardware and software that perform a function. Since there are traditional game titles that check for and will not allow gameplay with less a specific minimum hardware qualification like, for example, at least a quad core CPU, I suspect this is a distinct possibility, but I've not heard anything yet that would indicate to me that this was being employed. More likely is the fact that it would simply not play well and have performance issues if it wasn't up to the task.

Since VR is in its infancy, it's rather hard to say what will or will not become a standard behavior yet.

Solution

Bob_130

Commendable
Dec 7, 2016

My FX 6300 and GTX 970 did just fine according to VRMark software. In fact it did better that just pass, see results below...

"5,580
SUPER

Outstanding! The system comfortably beat the target frame rate for this test. Now try running the more demanding Blue Room benchmark.

5,580 IN VRMark Orange Room (V1.0)

121.65 FPS Average frame rate
109.00 FPS Target frame rate

81.00 FPS Oculus Rift minimum
spec frame rate"

Status
Not open for further replies.