Windows 10 keeps getting corrupted.

artful_racoon

Commendable
Jun 5, 2016
Greetings, so here is my problem. One day while installing a game, something happened and my OS stopped working. So I formatted, and started using normally again. But after two days or so, I got an error informing me that my OS is corrupted. So I tried fixing it, but neither the SFC nor the DISM seemed to work. So here I am after 12 formats, SFC saying that it found some errors but unable to fix them, and DISM the same. I used CrystalDiscInfo, my SSD got no problems, I used Memtest, my 4x2 RAMs are working properly, and I use both Avira and Malwarebytes, so no viruses. What could be my problem ? (Right now, my problems are small thing like power and apps button on the start menu not showing, and I don't know if it is related but neither Chrome nor Edge can show me the text properly on the AMD official page.)

Solution
possibly update bios

make a new installer?

is dism saying "cannot find source files" as to fix that you mount the win 10 iso that matches the version installed and type this:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:WIM:X:\Sources\Install.wim:1 /LimitAccess Where "X" is the drive letter where the ISO is located. Simply change the "X" to the correct drive letter

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki/windows_10-update/system-file-check-sfc-scan-and-repair-system-files/bc609315-da1f-4775-812c-695b60477a93

but as I said above, make a new iso as if the one you using is corrupted, its not going to fix dism

Colif

Win 11 Master
possibly update bios

make a new installer?

is dism saying "cannot find source files" as to fix that you mount the win 10 iso that matches the version installed and type this:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:WIM:X:\Sources\Install.wim:1 /LimitAccess Where "X" is the drive letter where the ISO is located. Simply change the "X" to the correct drive letter

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki/windows_10-update/system-file-check-sfc-scan-and-repair-system-files/bc609315-da1f-4775-812c-695b60477a93

but as I said above, make a new iso as if the one you using is corrupted, its not going to fix dism

Solution

artful_racoon

Commendable
Jun 5, 2016
I will try to update BIOS, I never thought about that thank you. But as the DISM, it says ''Error: 1726 The remote procedure call failed.''. By the way I'm using the Windows 10 ISO on a USB to format if it changes anything.
Edit: Just realized current BIOS version I'm using is 1903 and the newest version is 2603. (ASUS M5A97 R2.0) I sincerely hope that is the problem, thank you again. Will update after flashing.

Colif

Win 11 Master

artful_racoon

Commendable
Jun 5, 2016
I'm not using Afterburner nor Riva but I started using Asus AI Suite II and used it to overclock and such. But I really don't think that causes the DISM problem because it did not work when I wasn't using it either. By the way just updated BIOS, SFC command still does not work telling me that it found corruptions but was unable to fix them. Going to format one last time, hope BIOS will solve it. Thank you sincerely.

LAST EDIT: Been using it for two days now, no corruptions yet. Seems that flashing BIOS solved my problem. Thank you !