Edge is becoming FRUSTRATING!

Tech-Geeky

Commendable
Jun 6, 2016
It is getting frustrating beyond control. I updated my Windows 10 build from 10240 to 14295 a few months back. All was well, everything was fine, expect Microsoft Edge. Microsoft Edge worked fine in 10240, but it lacked a few features. I thought maybe Edge had a problem and Microsoft would fix it in next builds. When I click on the Edge shortcut in the task bar, it opens for maybe 2-3 seconds and then automatically closes itself. I have seen the URL it tries to open. It always opens this - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=746405
Anyways, after installing build 14352 yesterday night, I thought the issue would have been fixed. BUT, Edge still doesn't open. I click on it, opens for 2-3 seconds, shows that Edge introduction page and happily closes itself. It's just too much!

Colif

Win 11 Master
You are running on the insider builds, its not the most stable version. edge is also a work in progress, its not stable even on the RTM version. It refuses to load for my mum.

Tech-Geeky

Commendable
Jun 6, 2016

Yeah, but it works on other computers. Why am I the unlucky one?
It worked properly on build 10240, but not on 14295 or 14325.

I'm using Edge right now on my laptop with the release build, and it's working just hunky dory for me. I've been using it for these forums for a week or two now, and I have to say it's working better for me than Firefox (46.0.1) was. YMMV.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador

"other" pc's may not be using the beta version of the browser, plus your pc has different specs and hardware than "others" every little change can effect how something works or does not work on a pc. just because someone can use something, does not mean everyone will be able to.

i don't even bother with edge and just use firefox. especially the beta version which can always be unstable for many people. make sure to go to the feedback hub and post your troubles for the engineers to look at. you may find there are many with this problem and have already suggested a fix if it exists.

Tech-Geeky

Commendable
Jun 6, 2016
Now I upgraded my PC to build 14352 last day. I have posted about the Edge problems and some other glitches to the Feedback Hub when I was in the earlier Insider builds. There seems to many Edge complains.
I know 10 Insiders personally. None of them are having any problems with Edge. One of them told me he is on the Fast Ring and he received an update for build 14361. He installed it, and everything is normal. Edge is working fine (opening and all) but there seems to some problem of downloading files. I saw that it sometimes didn't download files, but it's all right excluding that.
And the Settings app is always crashing while opening the Privacy panel, but otherwise everything works.

Specs wise, his PC and my PC are the same. No difference. He is using Lenovo B40, and me too.

WHAT IS THE PROBLEM WITH EDGE???

Tech-Geeky

Commendable
Jun 6, 2016
Are you and Insider? Which build are you on?
I am on 14352. Edge isn't opening,

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
i am on 14361 and edge loads fine but that's all i can say as i use FF myself. i don't use it for anything other if it has to be used for some MS specific page.

check in the app store and see if there is an update for edge you don't have. that's how they push updates to apps now is through the store app. maybe there is a newer version you don't have that has fixed a bug or 2.

overall, there is a ton of problems with the beta builds of edge and that is why they are not pushed to the public. the anniversary edition will still be a noumber of versions old when it hits. the last stable one that actually works "mostly" will get released to the public.