HDMI + VGA( DVI to VGA adapter) Not displaying.

TechProSG

Commendable
Jun 6, 2016
Basically, I'm trying to have a dual display on my monitor and TV. Previously I only connect to my BENQ monitor with HDMI. But now I'm trying to have a dual display so I could enjoy netflix on the bed. So I tried using the DVI to VGA adapter given with the graphics card to connect VGA cable to my monitor, but it isn't working.

In my display > screen resolution and I click on detect it says "Another display not detected" and the display drop down option shows 1. 32PFL1335/98 (32Inch tv) 2. Available display output on: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950 and under multiple displays drop down shows 2 option 1. No display detected 2. Try to connect anyways.

Could someone please help me? I've been searching for forums for solution but none actually helps.

Additional info:
Motherboard: MSI H97 Gaming 3
Graphics: MSI GTX 950 Gaming 2G

Sayainboy

Commendable
May 17, 2016
From my experience it is usually better to use straight connections instead of adapters. If you are able to use a DVI to DVI or VGA to VGA that might work better.

TechProSG

Commendable
Jun 6, 2016

Basically, HDMI cable directly from my card to my 32inch TV and a DVI to VGA adapter to connect my VGA cable to my monitor.

TechProSG

Commendable
Jun 6, 2016

Hmm but I'm thinking if I could just use the VGA cable that comes with the monitor before I could spend more money to get 1 DVI cable and I know that there are a few types of DVI cable which is confusing ><