Can't connect through ethernet after installing Windws 10 on an Asus z170-a mobo.

Nori__Gonza

Commendable
Jun 6, 2016
Hi, I am a bit frustrated. Have tried a lot of things. Disabling CSM in the BIOS, using different BIOS drivers, uninstalling all network adapters, making sure they're up to date. Uninstall PCI Memory controller, etc. There was a screen that said I had the same IP as someone. I disabled quick boot, etc.

Does anyone have anymore ideas on how to solve this issue or if I'm doing something wrong? I'm running an Asus Z170-A mobo and an I7 6700 non-k, GTX 660. Everything else seems fine, just can't get onto the internet.

Thanks for any troubleshooting ideas! I really don't want to do something that will be mostly irreversible, so pls let me know how I can solve it :). I could also get a network adapter card if that works. Thank you so much!

gvertes

Honorable
Jun 5, 2016
You likely have to install the ethernet driver. I had the same thing: https://www.asus.com/ca-en/Motherboards/Z170-A/HelpDesk_Download/

you probably DO NOT have to update the BIOS. Updating the BIOS should always be the last thing you do.

FriboRage

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2016
I also had this issue just this morning when I booted up my new build for the first time.

I had to install the driver for my ethernet device. Soon as that driver installed it instantly connected.