Purple/green monitor flickering - continuous

101patryks_

Commendable
Jun 7, 2016
Hey all,

I've been having issues with my monitor. There has been this mostly purple flickering issue that I'm having. This always happens after I turn on my computer or after I turn on the monitor when it hasn't been used for 30+ minutes. The flickering and tinting starts off really badly, with the entire screen also going into green colors sometimes. Then, after a couple minutes, the flickering calms down, but the computer is still unusable. It takes about 15 minutes on average in order for the flickering to stop, which is awfully annoying and time consuming. After it stops, the left side of my monitor has a slight tint of purple, which is only visible when a dark/black image is displayed on that part of the monitor. If there is a white image, there is no signs of a tint. Here's what it looks like at the beginning of it's 15 minutes:
Vs1p8QQ.jpg

7m2IDwm.jpg

0w8ODG2.jpg

Don't judge the background :)

So here is what I have tried:

• ■ Different DVI cable (my default cable for this monitor), but the purple flicker continues to exist
    ■ Different cable type (HDMI), no success
    ■ Connect a different monitor to my PC (that one had no issues)
    ■ Connect the monitor to a different PC, also a mac
    ■ Upgrade/downgrade graphics drivers
    ■ Fiddled around with the monitor settings (using buttons on the monitor)

Here is what I have concluded:

• ■ This does not seem to be a graphics card problem, as the other monitor I tried worked fine
    ■ Nothing from what I have tried has improved the problem even slightly
    ■ The flickering is present when in the BIOS or when booted in safety mode
    ■ It could be possible that a screen burn has somehow done this? (I'm guessing, don't know much about monitors/displays)
    ■ This issue started occurring a couple months after I moved into a warmer climate (Dubai), so maybe temperature issues if it is exposed to the sun or during the shipping (this monitor was in the container)

My PC specifications:
CPU: Intel i5 4670k
GPU: ASUS GTX 770
RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance
PSU: Corsair RM650W
Monitor: ASUS 1080p VS238H-P (23" I think)

I have had the monitor for a little over 2 and a half years.

---------
I would appreciate any opinions/possible solutions you guys might have. I have had this issue for 3 or so months so far, but was extremely busy, so I am just posting it now.

If there is any other information you might need to help diagnose this issue, let me know.

Thank you so much,
Patryk

101patryks_

Commendable
Jun 7, 2016

Yes, I have tried a different monitor. That one worked perfectly fine with no signs of any type of flicker or purple tint.