After window 10 reset it just boots into a black screen

Solution
best fix for this is grab a win 10 install disc and use it to boot into safe mode, and then restart PC. Just going into safe mode can fix this. That or run start up repair. Resets have a habit of locking the drives as well, which is always handy.

I only comment as its not a GPU problem nor is it something you need to go nuclear over right away and reinstall windows. The reinstall might be needed in some cases but in win 10, there are things you can try first.
Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First is to load the laptop into Safe Mode with Networking.
- Once in Safe Mode w/ Net, go to Device Manager and uninstall the graphics card driver.
- Next is to open Programs and Features then uninstall anything related to the graphics card.
- Once completely uninstalled, download and install the latest driver.
- Reboot the laptop once the latest driver has been installed then try booting it up again into the normal mode.

Hopefully this will help. :)

kombivan

Honorable
Jun 4, 2016
shame you don't have a cd to boot your computer with at start up and reinstall windows and all the drivers your harddrive needs i just experienced the same problen but with winXP i know its a different os but problem sounds the same only way i could fix it was to reinstall windows and all the drivers i think my problem was related to upgrading from 462cpu to am2 cpu and sata from ide just think the big step required all best drivers and even after i fixed it it stuffed up again then did a complete reinstall but thats just my problem. I have also heard some power supply units don't provide enough power for latest gear and in some cases a highter wattage helps but that wasn't my issue mine was drivers i'v also stopped registery mechanic running automaticly i now run it and select what i want to fix. so if you have some 2bob fixit software from a snake oil salesman be cautious as windows usually provides everything you need.

Colif

Win 11 Master
best fix for this is grab a win 10 install disc and use it to boot into safe mode, and then restart PC. Just going into safe mode can fix this. That or run start up repair. Resets have a habit of locking the drives as well, which is always handy.

I only comment as its not a GPU problem nor is it something you need to go nuclear over right away and reinstall windows. The reinstall might be needed in some cases but in win 10, there are things you can try first.

Solution