Windows 10 Wallpaper settings

CGurrell

Honorable
Feb 3, 2014
I'm trying to set my desktop background to a slideshow of pictures. I have it working perfectly fine for one monitor, but when I turned on my side monitor, I saw that it had a different wallpaper each time when compared to the main monitor. Some googling has found that this is a default setting in Windows 10. Does anyone know how to change it so that each monitor has the same wallpaper, and each monitors wallpaper changes at the same time to the same image, or know of 3rd party software that achieves this?

Thanks

Solution
Just an FYI for anyone trying this, there are a few options:

1. If both of your monitors are the same resolution, then do the following: Right-Click anywhere on the Desktop > Choose a Fit > Tile. This will duplicate the images over an area, and if you have 2 monitors of the same resolution, and images all of that resolution, then this works fine.

2. If you have monitors of different resolutions (e.g. I have a 3840x2160 main monitor, and a 1920x1080 side monitor), then by using only what Microsoft offers from Windows 8 onwards, you're outta luck. I found that downloading https://johnsad.ventures/software/backgroundswitcher/windows/ worked well, but your mileage may vary.

Hope this helps!

CGurrell

Honorable
Feb 3, 2014

Just checking out a 3rd party app from the windows store atm. It sets the same wallpaper on both screens but the shortest period between image changes is 15 mins. Will report back with results

15 mins later: no change.

CGurrell

Honorable
Feb 3, 2014
Just an FYI for anyone trying this, there are a few options:

1. If both of your monitors are the same resolution, then do the following: Right-Click anywhere on the Desktop > Choose a Fit > Tile. This will duplicate the images over an area, and if you have 2 monitors of the same resolution, and images all of that resolution, then this works fine.

2. If you have monitors of different resolutions (e.g. I have a 3840x2160 main monitor, and a 1920x1080 side monitor), then by using only what Microsoft offers from Windows 8 onwards, you're outta luck. I found that downloading https://johnsad.ventures/software/backgroundswitcher/windows/ worked well, but your mileage may vary.

Hope this helps!

Solution