Realtek HD Audio Manager on Windows 10 not opening and audio error on ASUS F555U

EricaRose

Commendable
Jun 8, 2016
I turned on my ASUS F555U with Windows 10 (which was installed when I purchased the laptop) and the audio icon on the taskbar has a little red circle with a white cross on it. When I hover over the icon, it says "no audio output device is installed." I've restarted my laptop and searched around on a few forums that said I should uninstall the drivers but I wasn't sure what to do. One suggestion was to select a speaker option in Realtek HD Audio Manager, which I found okay in on my computer but if I open it, it doesn't do anything. I the tried "run as administrator" and it came up with a dialog box that asks if I want to allow the program to make changes to my computer. I selected yes and still nothing opens. Also the sound doesn't work when I plug in headphones either.

Any help is much appreciated.

Solution
try running the playing audio and Hardware and Devices Troubleshooters

they can found by searching cortana for troubleshooter
select the control panel option
in the pop up, select view all
the two I mentioned will be in the list.

You may need to run them a few times and if pc asks for a restart, do it and run troubleshooter again until you get no changes offered.

I just installed two "updates" for my drivers on pc and went from having 5.1 sound to nothing at all. Glad I had option to roll back as it left me with no Realtek drivers at all. Did you get the intel driver after the Realtek as you could try repairing the software by going to control panel/add & remove programs
Select the HD audio manager in the list and...

CraigDMA

Commendable
May 10, 2016
First thing to check is device manager:
Click the search bar and type device manager, look at the sound section what do you see?
next type in sound (alternatively open control panel then click sound) that should show "speakers" with a green check mark.
Tell us what you see in these spots

EricaRose

Commendable
Jun 8, 2016
Under sound, video and game controllers there are two items listed:
Intel Display Audio
Realtek High Definition

Under the sound in control panel there is speakers with a check mark, (which wasn't there before), but the sound still isn't working, however Realtek will open but not allow me to do much.

CraigDMA

Commendable
May 10, 2016
Try this: Go back to sound where you saw that green check mark on speakers
-right click and go to properties
-in the advanced tab change and tests all the default formats between 24/16 bits. sometimes that messes it up.
Let me know if that works

CraigDMA

Commendable
May 10, 2016
Ok so in that sound section in the control panel, right click speakers and select test does the green bar indicate that it played? What all is listed under the sound? can you add a screenshot?

Colif

Win 11 Master
try running the playing audio and Hardware and Devices Troubleshooters

they can found by searching cortana for troubleshooter
select the control panel option
in the pop up, select view all
the two I mentioned will be in the list.

You may need to run them a few times and if pc asks for a restart, do it and run troubleshooter again until you get no changes offered.

I just installed two "updates" for my drivers on pc and went from having 5.1 sound to nothing at all. Glad I had option to roll back as it left me with no Realtek drivers at all. Did you get the intel driver after the Realtek as you could try repairing the software by going to control panel/add & remove programs
Select the HD audio manager in the list and select repair from the menu at top.

Solution