Switching back to monitor from TV question.

bearbomb

Reputable
Apr 29, 2015
Howdy folks, I had a recent stint with connecting my PC through hdmi to my samsung tv and decided I wanted to hook it back up to my Asus VG248QE monitor upstairs.

This morning I had hauled it back upstairs to the office, hooked everything up and I'm getting no signal messages through both HDMI and DVI. Made sure the source was on the correct setting and what not but I'm drawing a blank here.

I have a nvidia geforce 980 as well I forgot to mention. Does my computer still think it's trying to connect to a tv or something?

Oh also forgot to mention that the windows 10 splash screen did display and the windows log on noise does happen, just no display.

Solution
did you change the refresh rate when you were connected to the TV? that could cause the monitor not to recognize the port or show the massage that it's higher then allowed frequency. connect it to the tv again and change the resolution to the lowest then check the refresh rate and connect it back to the monitor, then if the problem was still there try to factory restore the monitor.
sometimes its the cable, make sure that your using something with the same HDCP as you monitor recognize.

iXeon

Honorable
Jul 6, 2015
did you change the refresh rate when you were connected to the TV? that could cause the monitor not to recognize the port or show the massage that it's higher then allowed frequency. connect it to the tv again and change the resolution to the lowest then check the refresh rate and connect it back to the monitor, then if the problem was still there try to factory restore the monitor.
sometimes its the cable, make sure that your using something with the same HDCP as you monitor recognize.

Solution

bearbomb

Reputable
Apr 29, 2015
Ah! That could be it, I know my asus is a 144hz monitor and my TV is definitely not. I'll have to run home at lunch and try that! Thanks! Maybe I'll try fiddling with the resolution too...