Need help! Issues with installing Windows 10.

gumbob3

Respectable
Mar 5, 2016
I am starting to get frustrated with the Windows 10 installation. I have spent two days, and still cant get the damn thing to work. Yes, my specs are fine. I can't check for Windows 7 updates first, because that keeps loading until the end of time. It won't let me use the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant, because it is stuck loading at 99% all night. It won't let me create a bootable flash drive, because "unexpected error, you cannot use this tool with your computer". Now, I am using the same program to create the bootable flash drive, but instead clicked install on this pc. It downloaded, installed, whatever, then it started checking for updates. :/ Now it just has its balls spinning in a circle "checking for updates" for the past hour or so. How long should it take? Or is this method not going to work either? Microsoft is trying so damned hard to get everyone to upgrade to windows 10, and I can't even install it. I have started to get frustrated, and really don't know what to do... please help.

Don't. Bump. Posts.

Start the Windows 7 updates and LEAVE IT ALONE. It's going to take a long time. Not an hour. A day or more if it's a reinstall.

If you really have an issue with it use the offline update installer. http://download.wsusoffline.net/

TRENDING THREADS