Asus Laptop Completely Unresponsive

jpmacolino

Commendable
Jun 9, 2016
Hello. I have a new ASUS with a Gen 6 i5 chipset (or whatever the newest one is) running windows 10. It has completely frozen and I cannot figure out anything to fix it. Ctrl+shift+esc is not working. ctrl+alt+del is not working. I unplugged it and tried closing the lid (which should put it to sleep by my power settings) but it is still stuck. On my old Sony, i would have pulled out the battery at this point, but alas! there is no external battery to remove. If it matters, it is a touchscreen (also unresponsive).

For context, I had multiple chrome tabs open (about 5, one of which was YouTube for music). I also have Firebird or whatever the mozilla email client is called. Otherwise, I was just using Kingsoft Writer for word processing. Also, nothing on the keyboard responds either (I.E. hitting the caps lock button doesn't turn on the light). I would very much appreciate it if anyone could offer a solution other than waiting for however many hours it will take for the battery to drain.

jpmacolino

Commendable
Jun 9, 2016

Yes, I tried a couple of times and it didn't work. Just tried again and held it for 20 seconds for fun. Then tried tapping it 30 times in quick succession (hey, who said I had to be scientific about it?) and still no go. And, as I was typing this I just tried while it was closed and held it...

Apparently that worked, so now I feel pretty dumb... THANK YOU!